Saturday, July 2, 2011

Scrapbookers Anonymous...

Hi Everyone!  July is upon us now and so the Gals at Scrapbookers Anonymous have a new challenge for you.  This month the challenge is to use "your hard to use color".  When I saw this challenge I thought "Ok.....that should be easy-ish.  I'll just look through my stash and find out what color I don't use often and thus have the most of."  Well, easier said than done.  In the past few months, I have done a major clean out of my stash.  Including getting rid of those colors that I have a hard time using.  With a little digging I did find this pink/mauve color.  (It photographed much lighter than it really is.)  I had these tags and such sitting on my desk for quite awhile trying to work with this color.  Not easy at all!  :) But here is my finished project.....




I placed letter stickers for my title and for the doily as a mask before I misted.  My title "You complete Me" didn't stand out as much as I wanted so I traced around the letters with black pen.  My journaling is about how Aden has completed our family.  I wasn't sure about having a third baby and now I couldn't imagine my life without him.

I hope you'll dig through your stash and make a project with your hard to use color.  Make sure you link it up to Scrapbookers Anonymous so I can check them out.  Happy Scrapping!

5 comments:

  1. Love the way you journalled around the doily mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors and that is such a cute photo of you two. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job complementing the photo with the paper color. Your page has a really nice feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this layout turned out! Especially the journaling around the doily and what a great thing to scrapbook about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout!!! Love the journaling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)