Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One year...

I can hardly believe that today is our one year anniversary for moving to New Zealand.  Honestly....I never thought I would move out of the United States but God had other ideas.

Over this last year, I have laughed till my sides hurt, cried more tears than I can count, been through a major earthquake,  experienced new sights, foods, and seasons in months that just don't seem to make sense.  :)  I mean....winter in June and July????

 I am so thankful for the family and friends we have in the States that are supporting us.  We couldn't do this without them by our sides.  I am also so thankful for the new friends we have made here.  We have many good friends in Christchurch...our first New Zealand home.  And even more great friends here in Dunedin.  Dunedin has become home.  And I LOVE it here.  I will always miss our family and friends.....along with Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Archiver's!!!  :)  But here is where my heart is now.  And for that I'm thankful.

This is us June 1, 2010.....


This is us today, June 1, 2011.  A real quick...."oh yeah!  I wanted a picture of us today!"  :)  Oh and my fringe (bangs) are now down to my chin!!


Our boys June 1, 2010....Just look at my babies!!!


And just a few weeks ago....Wow......who are those big boys???  And all that hair???  Oh my....Aron is almost as tall as me.  :(  And that makes him SO happy!


Bryce brought us home this wonderful banana chocolate cake.  Oh my.....it was so yummy!!  Thankfully, cakes like this eaten for a special occasion.....like having moved to another country a year ago.....do not have Weight Watcher points in them.  :)  Ok....so maybe it does.  I did share some with our friends and the boys cannot wait until after school to have another piece.  :)


I thought it would be fun for you to learn a little Kiwi lingo that we now use daily and its normal for us.  :)

keen.....inclined to
quite....instead of very
give it a go.....have a turn
gutted...sorely disappointed
garage....said like carriage but with a g
rubbish....trash
bench...kitchen counter
jersey....jacket or sweater
lovely.....just what it is
fizz....soda pop
petrol....fuel
trolly....shopping cart
ice block...popsicle
chips....french fries
ring....call on the phone
pop over....stop in
heap....lots
massive....huge

I feel like we've learned so much this past year.  And yet there is so much more to learn.  I'm so excited for what our next year will hold.   I know God has some amazing things in store for us.  Here's to the next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL...those words are so normal..I am not sure what your finding odd? giggles. Wow one year down and could u even imagine what it would feel like. xox
    Sorry states family...we love the Wileys here :) we will let them visit...promise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)