Saturday, June 18, 2011

Frosted Designs and Monster Creations...

Yesterday I shared just a teaser of my album I made for Frosted Designs journal tag challenge this week.  My album is one being featured on their blog so I wanted to share the rest of it with you.

I was given the 6x6 album from Monster Creations to play with and this is what it looked like when I received it.  I really wanted to do something a little different with this album.  I started by painting it brown.  I love the way it took the paint!  It almost looked like a woodgrain stamp.  (I forgot to take a picture of it painted before I started playing with it.  I was too excited!)


I used these journal cards from K&Co.  Some of them I used just as they were and some I cut and used titles off of.  I've had these cards for awhile and they were just perfect for the photos I wanted to use.  There were plenty of cards for my project, to share with friends, and I still have some left.  And let me just say $4.12 for 44 journal cards??  What a bargin!  :)  I paired them with tags, papers, and brads from Basic Grey's Marjolaine set and flowers and buttons that I had in my stash.


I chose pictures from a Saturday hike our family took to Tunel Beach, about 10 minutes from where we live.  Its one of our favourite spots here in Dunedin and the views are spectacular.  Here is my album....



I really liked the way I could use this album folded up as a book or spread out like this to display more of the pages.





This is what the back of it looks like.







Thanks so much to Monster Creations for this album!  Make sure you check out their website to see the other styles they offer.  Such a great selection!  Don't forget about the special Frosted Designs discount they have right now.

"Any one who emails me personally at amy@mymonstercreations.com and mentions Frosted Designs will get 50% off your entire order and FREE shipping for USA. Out of country residents will be a 10.00 shipping charge."

Also remember to link up your creations to Frosted Designs using journal tags.  (To qualify for this week's prize you do not have to do a mini album, just use journal tags on your layout, card, or project.)

3 comments:

  1. Lydia this is really nice! I too like how you can make it a book, or a display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I just love minis...they are so fun. I just posted on of my mini on my blog. I would be honored if you would take a look.
    Deanne
    http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/2011/06/mini-for-corbin.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I've mentioned it before, if not, forgive me, but your photos are always so fabulous.. they look great in this book. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)