Friday, May 20, 2011

Frosted Designs...

Happy Friday Everyone!!  Frosted Designs has a new challenge up for their Fabulous Friday challenge.  This time around its to make a project/layout/card with the theme "Armed forces/Patriotic".  When I saw this challenge I had to put my thinking cap on.  Since moving to New Zealand, we haven't celebrated Armed Forces Day (May 21) or Memorial Day (May 30).  I thought back to last 4th of July, our first American holiday here and decided to make a layout with those pictures and a little American twist.

 
Here it was just another day.  There were no parades, no fireworks, no warm weather, and no BBQs.  Actually it was a little depressing knowing our friends and family back "home" were celebrating American's freedom.  So we did something we have never done on the 4th of July.  We went to snow.  Yep.  Snow!!  We drove about 45 minutes to an hour and found snow.  It was so cold!  As it should be with snow and winter.  :)  I'm really glad I captured our first different 4th of July.  This year, we are planning another trip to the snow!

So, whether you celebrate Memorial Day, 4th of July or not, I hope you can join us in our "Armed forces/Patriotic" challenge.  Head on over to Frosted Designs and check out the amazing projects made by my teammates.  They are stunning!  Make sure you link up your project so I can check it out!  Thanks for stopping by.  And Happy TODAY!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the design! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Love the overall arrangement and how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your twist on celebrating the 4th. the photos are awesome. I take it the seasons are turned around in NZ? summer here, winter there?
    Have a great weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)