Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today and Pencil Lines...

Today was so....well, pretty much perfect.  My parents arrived from the States this morning and we spent a day reuniting.  We moved to New Zealand 11 months ago and it has been that long since we've seen my parents in person.  Skype is wonderful but a hug from my mom.....I'm not sure I can put into words how special and awesome that was.  Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hug from my dad just as much but there is a special bond between a girl and her momma.


The boys kind of forgot that they weren't suppose to go past that security point.  Thankful they didn't get stopped by security!


We visited the ocean and picked up shells.  I remember those first days here and the excitement of finding shells and seeing the NZ ocean for the first time.  I was glad that the weather was so perfect.  More fun and pictures tomorrow.

I love this picture of Aron.  He has always loved water and the ocean is no exception.  I started this layout for a challenge somewhere.  Not sure where it was so instead I have another memory in a layout.


This layout however is the sketch this week at Pencil Lines.  And because its a favorite memory about a favorite food, I'm going to enter it over at What is your fave thing.  As I was becoming familiar with my new teammates at Scrapbookers Anonymous I found this blog challenge.  I'm excited to have another place to play along with.


This is my Grandma's carmel corn.   Thankfully she is still living and makes it for special occasions.  I am so glad she taught me how to make it.

Last but not least......

My dear, sweet friend Lynne left this yummy cake on our back doorstep as a welcome suprise for my parents.  Despite it being night time, I had to take a picture of it before we cut into it.  Such a sweet thing to do!  It was so yum and enjoyed by all.  Just like the card says....it sure did make us smile!  Thanks so much Lynne!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to see you parents again!! That is AWESOME!!! I ABSOLUTELY loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and the designs! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know what you mean about moms. Even as adult whenever I'm sick I still call my mommy. Enjoy your time with your parents!!! Love the wave layout! That paper is very cool and that carmel corn looks so yummy! Love the red accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layouts!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)