Friday, April 22, 2011

Frosted Designs...

Hello Everyone!  Here in New Zealand autumn is in full swing but for this Friday's challenge at Frosted Designs I was thinking spring!  The challenge is birds and butterflies which seemed perfect for a spring project.  My American brain still hasn't adjusted to Autumn in April.  :)

I decided I was going to make them into a banner of sorts.  Something that I could hang up when it was spring and welcome it in.  I started with these chipboard birds from Maya Road.  Actually, this is the backside of them because I forgot to take a picture before I started.  :)

  I wanted to have something between the birds so I dug out these wee spools to use.


I put them into a plastic bag and used some glimmer mist to change the color of them.  That is a great trick for lace, ribbon or other embellishments.

 
And for me it was ok if the ends were not quite perfectly covered because they were not going to be seen.  I cut some thin strips of paper to cover them with.  Unfortunately I didn't take any other pictures of my work in progress as I was intent in getting it together.  I added a patterned paper wing, buttons, bling, fussy cut butterflies, and some other bits.  Here is the finished project and some close ups.


It started out as one long banner but was really hard to get a good photograph of so I made it into two.  Now I can have two to hang in my scrap room!


Here are the spools covered with paper and a flower added in the middle.




Head on over to Frosted Designs and check out the Birds and Butterflies challenge this week.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  And even though its Autumn here, the weather has been very spring like.  Loving that!!  Happy Spring....or Autumn....to you all!

1 comment:

  1. These birds are gorgeous. IRL they are so much more too.
    Now to think of something to do with this challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)