Monday, February 14, 2011

Filling up and Sketchy Thursdays...

As I type this, I'm listening to my 3 boys and a friend of Aron's playing upstairs.  Its fun to me to hear the mix of American and Kiwi accents.  I was telling my friend Jess that I can tell I'm settling into Dunedin being "home" as my weekly calendar is filling up with events, meetings, coffees with friends, and play dates.  That tends to happen when I find routine and get to know people.  Its a good feeling.  A very good feeling.


I was a little stumped by this week's challenge at SketchyThursdays.  Don't get me wrong, I think its a great sketch but I was having issues finding just the right pictures.  I think I pulled out 5 sets of possibilities.  I finally settled on these of the boys at the park.  When we were house hunting for our friends, they got quite bored of waiting in the car as we saw the houses.  This park was the perfect reward for their waiting.  I would say patience but I'm not so sure it was patient waiting!  :)  The boys LOVED it when Bryce pushed them around this flying ring thingy.  "More!  More!" was what we heard over and over.  I have to say, it was pretty fun but I couldn't hang on as long as they did.  We've visited this park a time or two since and this continues to be their favorite thing about it.  Even more fun than the little stream flowing through it and if you know my boys, you know they love to play in water!  Funny thing.....we almost rented a house in this same neighborhood.  If only it had a dining room.  But instead, we are about 10 minutes from it and its a great "treat" for the boys to play at.  I think its about time for a trip over there!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Loving the colors and mix of psapers! Great pics! I can imagine your boys love it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lo Lydia. Is that Chingford park? I lived next door for a few years and the valley is where I grew up....love that ring thing too/ So pleased to here you feel settled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVE the photos and love love love love the cutout work and the torn paper! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the fun energy and yellow thickers on this one! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some commenting love. I read each and every comment made. :)